Harmony’s values of care aim to promote and enhance the quality of life of each client. We do this by delivering quality care services which are tailored to each clients needs and their family circumstances. In order to achieve this we believe the best person to plan his or her future is that person. We actively encourage the client and their family to be involved in planning their care programme, thereby ensuring we provide a care package appropriate to the individuals needs, and one which the client and their family are comfortable with, and consequently reassured that the client is receiving the most suitable care services.
To achieve these goals we have drawn upon core values of care which are the basis for the provision of care services.
These values are:
- Respect for the client as an individual, their dignity, racial identity and cultural heritage
- Respect for the clients privacy and the safeguarding of confidentialit
- Respect for the clients autonomy and their independence of personal decision making
- The clients rights to participate in the planning and implementation of their care
- Choice of occupational activities, lifestyle and the maintenance of independence, including the opportunity to select from a range of options where possible
- To help the client achieve their potential and desires in all aspects of daily life, including the opportunity to develop new skills and gain knowledge
- Equal opportunity and equal access to services regardless of age, race and ethnic origin, colour, religion, political affiliation, martial status, sexual orientation, disability or impairment
We believe that by strictly adhering to these values they will provide a foundation for the provision of personal care to all, regardless of circumstances.